Wednesday 20 March 2013

More Flipping Singing Tips.... Brighton Rocks!

We're back! And, we're bad... I don't mean bad as in naughty, I mean bad as in good. You know, it's what the cool kids from the 90s used to say... after 'wicked' went out of fashion and before 'sick' or 'phat' became the order of the day. But, we're here and we have tips... yes, we come bearing singing tips. However, I recently realised that this blog is called 'Singing Lessons in Brighton' and I have actually done very little to further this... instead, I waffle on about what the cool kids say and throw the odd bit of useful gubbins into the moshpit... so, I now have 3 tips for you below that have all been provided by excellent singing teachers in Brighton and Hove just so that I can justify my blog being in existence.

So... here goes...

Singing Tip #1 from Kate a Singing Teacher in Brighton & Hove:
Tongue twister time! See how fast you can say this to warm up your facial muscles!  

"Premium prices people pay for plump and pampered puppies" 

I'll be honest, it was hard enough to type so saying may well be tricky too :) But, start slowly and work into it.

Singing Tip #2 by Singing Lessons in Brighton friend, SuperLuke!
A breathing exercise to help you improve your lung capacity. Simply breath whilst counting 5 and then hold for an additional count of 5. Then, breath out over a count of 5. Once you've mastered this, try increasing the count to 6, 7 and see how high you can get... before you faint. Only kidding, stay safe and don't carry on if things get dizzy or you feel light headed... obvious stuff really :)

Singing Tip #3 by Sam Black (Vocademy Singing Tutor based in Hove)
A tip for nerves. If you are feeling nervous on stage try focusing on one place in the room, maybe a point at the back and keep your attention on that comfort spot. This will help you concentrate on your performance and not worry about anything else.

And, that my dears is it for today! Some useful and easy singing advice to give you a couple of pointers and to also help me justify Brighton being in the title of my wee little blog.

That's all folks, have a great day!

No comments:

Post a Comment